Saturday, February 11, 2006

Gates & Stairs

We have 3 sets of stairs in the house and Patrick is moving around fast these days. Last night was a close call. Before I knew it Patrick's hands were on the hardwood part of the backstairs with the carpet runner on them. I yelled, "SCREAMED" for him to stop. Luckily he stopped and looked back at me. At that point I told Chris we had to put gates up today. So we went to Toys R Us and bought 2 gates. One that mounted to the walls for at the top of stairs which I wanted to put at the top of the basement stairs. We don't know if that will work with the door in the way. We haven't tried it yet. The other I thought we'd put at Patricks door instead of buying and putting holes in the wall upstairs for the 2 set there. We'd just put one at his bedroom door and I could leave him in his room while I got the others clothes out etc. That idea got scratched. I'll have to take this one back and you'll see why. I put him in his room with toys. John and Drew wanted to go in and play with him so they did. Patrick got sooo mad. He likes to be free.

No comments: