Friday, September 08, 2006

Surgery Day for Patrick

This morning we had to be at "The Surgery Center at Scottish Rite" in Atlanta for Patricks surgery. Hard to talk about but to have his private parts fixed. He want remember it 6 months from now. But potty training will go better for mommy. When that time comes. We decided to stay in a hotel a block away from the surgery center since he couldn't have anything to eat or drink after midnight. Never has he ever woke up in the middle of the night since newborn. Ask Chris about the beds. Not good! We didn't sleep well. But Patrick was our reason for staying. Patrick went to sleep at 9:30 easy. He was so tired. Ate a good dinner. He had been having bad diapers and had a rash. Well at 2:15 a.m. he had gone to the bathroom. Which woke him b/c of the rash burning. He was so good to lay in bed with Chris and I and finally fell asleep at 5:30. Only asking for juice once. (3:00 a.m.) This was such a hard day for me as a mommy. Never have any of our children had to be put to sleep. Patrick was a trooper! I got to take him back to OR and he told daddy BYE and told all the nurses BYE. LOUD! So happy and not a clue. For me to take him back to OR was hard. I laid him on that table in the cold room. He said Mamma! In less than a minute he was asleep and I had to leave. HARD! Dr. Scherz came out after 45 minutes and said he did well. It was the longest hour of my life. He is home sleeping now. They said he may not walk 4-6 hrs. but as soon as we got home he was gone. NO help from mommy. So far he has not had any nausea. We're proud of him! Before surgery Patrick watches cartoons with Daddy. After surgery he lays in mommys lap trying to wake up good and take juice. They normally put the IV in the left arm but on Patrick they had to use the right so he could have his 2 left fingers when he got up along with his blankie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sherri,
I had no idea that Patrick was having surgery. I am glad to hear that all went well. He will be in our prayers! I know we never get to talk but atleast I keep up with yall via your blog.