Saturday, March 25, 2006

Opening Game Day behind the Levee Baseball

John had be so excited about opening game day that he layed his NEW uniform out like Monday last week. He had looked and touched it every day this week, I think. Chris said he did the same thing when he was little. I wouldn't know about that. ha. It was so COLD. It never got over 48 degrees and the wind chill was like 20. NOT baseball weather if you ask me. Drew, Patrick and I made it for the first game for like one inning. I told Drew many times "We'll go to the car after John bats." After 5 minutes Drew was ready. Basically we were in the car from like 3:00 til 7:45 when they finished. After the first game we had an hour so we went and ate dinner. Patrick did okay. He was restless but I didn't blame him. He did fall asleep during the 2nd game for about 30 minutes and during that time my battery went dead and I had to find someone to jump us off. That's what I get for playing movies for most of the day in the car. Hey! It was worth it. It was to cold to go outside and play. We parked by the fence so I could watch Johns games from the car. By the way they WON both games. The first one agaist Midway 24-9 (It was called for the number of runs ahead we were) and the second agaist Unity Christian School 13-10. It was close. John had some really good plays and hit the ball so much better than last year. You can really tell the power in his arms from last year. John #12 Warming up before the first game. (click on the photo to enlarge it) John playing short and Chris behind him in the red jacket. Two coaches are out in the field to help the boys and tell them where to throw the ball. They can not interfere with the game otherthan give directions. Again not to many pictures with the weather so cold. What little I was out, Patrick was on my chest in the carrier. If you'll notice I'm the car by the black truck. Yellow truck, black truck then me. So see how close we were in the car. And we stayed so much warmer.

No comments: